In a time of chaos and uncertainty, we, the Church, have a responsibility to reach out and serve our neighbors. Here are some ways you and your families can serve together through COVID-19.
21 Days of Prayer
- Starting March 30-April 20, Centerpointe will be having a 24-hour prayer vigil for the national crisis we are currently in.
- Sign up for a 30 minute time slot here: https://calendly.com/cp-church/21-days-prayer
- In the link, you will also find prayer points, encouraging scriptures, and a Spotify playlist to sing along with.
Project Help (New Life Brazilian Congregation)
- Need: Finances to continue feeding families in need
- Website: Centerpointechurch.com/give
- Instructions: Click the link above to give. Mark the “Benevolence” tab to send the payment to Project Help
The Lamb Center (Fairfax)
- Need: Donated items such as hand sanitizer, bleach, gloves, face masks, and food items for packed lunches.
- Website: https://www.thelambcenter.org/
- Instructions: Call for drop-off hours
Food for Others (Fairfax)
- Need: Individual volunteers
- Website: https://www.foodforothers.org/
- Instructions: Sign-up on their website
FACETS (Fairfax County)
- Need: Servers for Hypothermia Prevention Meals
- Website: http://facetscares.org/
- Instructions: Email volunteer director, Tammy Voss, at [email protected]
- Need: Donations of Personal Protective Equipment like masks and gloves
- Website: https://www.donateppe.org/takeaction
- Need: bankruptcy prevention
- Website: https://www.eater.com/2020/3/17/21182293/coronavirus-relief-funds-restaurants-food-service-workers
- Instructions: Click on the links provided in the article above and help keep a restaurant you enjoy from going out of business by purchasing gift cards
Serve Around the World
- Website: https://freerice.com/
- Instructions: Test your vocabulary while donating food (rice) to the World Food Programme
- This is a fun, educational way for your children to serve those around the world
- Website: https://charitymiles.org/how-it-works/#%20
- Instructions: Download the app and start raising donations for the exercise you already do
- For every mile you move, you help earn money for your charity from their corporate sponsorship pool and can also get sponsored by your friends.